Alcoholic beverages, meat, poultry and fish products are not allowed in the Temple premises (inside or outside).
Tobacco (smoking and/or chewing) is not permitted and use of drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited in the Temple premises.
Hindu Society of Manitoba does not allow to post any personal or business related advertisement on its notice board. However, with the prior permission of HSM management the notice of cultural program organized by Community Groups and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations may be posted on the notice board. The HSM management reserve the right to reject the posting of any advertisement if it is not appropriate to the environment of Hindu Temple.
Announcement at the temples
A representative of the HSM does the regular announcements at the end of Sunday Puja and other Puja or festivals of the Society. These announcements some time also include announcements related to other community events. If you wish a community announcement to be included in regular HSM announcements you must discuss this with President, Chair, Vice Chair or other designated representative of Society well in advance. All request for including community announcement at last moment will be denied.
Obituary related announcement is only entertained and included in regular HSM announcements when it is requested by a close family member or friend of the deceased well in advance. This is due to extraordinary sensitivity attached with these announcements.
Requesting speaking engagement of your Swami Ji/Guru Ji or other religious leader
The request of visit by your Swami Ji/Guru Ji must be presented in writing (preferably by e-mail) to the President, Chair, Vice Chair or other designated representative at least two weeks before the proposed date of the speaking engagement. Swami Ji/Guru Ji is only allowed to speak for maximum 15 minutes during our Sunday prayer and stsang. More speaking time can be allowed to Swami Ji/Guru Ji on other days at the discretion of the Chair/Vice Chair or designated representative of the respective temple.
As a gesture of goodwill the Society may pay an honorarium of maximum $251 to the Swami Ji/Guru Ji. However, this depends upon the collection of donation received by the Society at such event. We advice the event organizers to arrange the Prasad or Priti Bhoj on such event to encourage the bigger gathering of devotees.
Usages of Temple facilities by Community Groups and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations
Time to time Hindu Society of Manitoba allows its facility to be used by Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations on cost recovery basis. Your donation helps us to cover the regular cost of running and maintaining the facility. Your are welcome to book our facility for your community Puja, festival or event. However, all booking are subject to following guidelines.
- Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations must pay the usage charges within a week after booking the facility otherwise booking of facility is not guaranteed.
- Prayer hall must be used for Puja purpose only. You are not allowed to conduct any other activities in the prayer hall. Your are welcome to do Puja, Bhajan, Kirtan, Mantra chanting or religious discourse etc. Singing of movie songs, dancing or performance of other cultural programs is not allowed in Prayer hall. Cultural hall must be booked and used for all cultural performances.
- Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are not allowed to place any temporary donation collection box while doing puja in prayer hall. All participants who wish to donate should be advised to donate in the donation box of the Society placed in the prayer hall.
- Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are restricted from collecting any donation, membership fee, cover charges etc. as this is going to affect the donation collection of the Society. This restriction also applies when a stand alone Puja, festival or event is organized by the Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations.
- Under exceptional circumstances when a cultural event is celebrated or organized in our cultural hall, the Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are allowed to collect donation, membership fee, cover charges etc. You are advised to set up a separate table for collection purposes inside the cultural hall. In any case Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are not allowed to use the reception desk or office facility of the Society for the collection of donation, membership fee, cover charges etc.
- Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are required to ensure that the total number of participants in their organized events are well within the capacity of rented space. For example, the Dr. Daya Gupta Cultural Hall of Hindu Temple & Dr. Raj Pandey Hindu Center has maximum capacity of 561 occupants. HSM reserve the right to halt any event due to safety reasons where violation of occupancy permit is observed.
- Community Group and/or Affiliated Religious Organizations are not allowed to sublet our facility to any one. The Society allows them to use our facility for their exclusive use only.